Monday, May 19, 2008

Can I have a life now?

I know it is very selfish, but I'm hoping to have a life for a few weeks. Caleb's soccer ended abruptly Saturday morning. They lost the first game in tournament so the season was over. They had hoped to play 2 or 3 games on Saturday. On the way home, Caleb was so dejected. I really put up a good front for encouragement, but I have to admit that inside I was doing the happy chicken dance. I can finally have a Saturday and evenings to do stuff around the house or maybe even dinner or a movie.... yippee!
Brian won't be home for another couple of weeks (he's my messy child) so I might even have time to read a book! Once school is out though... all bets are off.

Mom won't be going to the doctor over the next few weeks and hopefully won't be making any more trips to the hospital either. She is feeling better and eating some. She doesn't have cancer or amyloidosis. We don't know what she has, but she is taking a break from tests/medicines to try to clear out toxins in her body. All this has made me stop and think about losing her, which would be devastating. It wouldn't just be my Mom, but my best friend. More than anything, I want my kids to grow up with a grandma and have fond memories of her.

Regardless of how you feel about your Mom, good bad or ugly... cherish your time with her. She did give you life and she will not be around forever. How you treat your parents is a lesson for your children. I want my kids to see me as a giving, caring daughter for my parents. You know giving and caring does not come naturally with me, but selfishness does and I want my kids to treat me well when I am old also!

We only have a few weeks of spring here in South Carolina. Soon it will be too hot to enjoy working in the yard. Since none of you guys are going to visit me here (except Jody) I guess I have to post some pics next time.

I really appreciate all your prayers and thoughts for Mom. See you soon!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Oh! I hope they figure out what's going on with her soon!

See you in a couple of weeks???