Saturday, January 19, 2008

A REAL snow day!!!


After our pretend snow day on Monday, we had a real snow day on Thursday. We knew Wednesday night that there would not be any school on Thursday.... so I was so looking forward to sleeping late. Of course, before 7:00 a.m. I had two little Michelin man looking children standing over me..."let's go, let's go!" So we sledded all morning, then a huge breakfast! So much for weight watchers, hopefully I sledded some of it off. I spend the afternoon sewing while the kids played outside. It was an awesome day! Here is a pic.
Today (Saturday) it is snowing very heavily as I write. It's too warm to stick, but I would love to have about 2 feet by morning. I know it will never happen here, but I can wish! If the Lord ever chooses to answer my 8 year old's prayers, we will have lots of snow!
I have been getting ready to do our taxes, yuk! and also reviewed our 2007 expenses with the hubby this morning, double yuk! However, he took it pretty well. We have not lived within our means, but have been extremely blessed. I'm big on number crunching and I still can't figure out where some of the money comes from, it's a God thang!!! I am very concerned about our economy. As I prepare our budget for the upcoming year, I know we will be tightening our belts because I think things will get much worse. I try not to be a pessimist, but I think the bubble has to burst. Just remember, God is in control. As we have elections here today, I repeated that over and over.
I think I will go out and enjoy the snow, it may be years before we see it again!

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I love the pic! I wish we had snow! Tell the kids hey!