Saturday, January 26, 2008

Pity party

You guys should have been at my house last night, I threw a big pity party... for myself. It has been a busy week and I was very discouraged because there was a pile of laundry and the house was a wreck. Everything looked just like it did a week ago, before I cleaned and did laundry all day! So why bother? If you look up scullery maid in the dictionary..... there's my picture!! So instead of staying up until midnight to get some things done, I read and went to bed early. That is a treat for me.

But I got up this morning with a new attitude and what do I read first thing? She tends to the ways of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Prov. 31:27 Talk about a guilt trip. Other than the eating the bread part, I hate that verse sometimes.

When my husband and I were dating, we hiked up Pinnacle Mountain one evening. He pulled out a small bible and read Proverbs 31 to me. He said he had found his Proverbs 31 woman and I was very upset. I thought he was telling me he had found someone else, but he was proposing!!! I don't think I'm that kind of women, but he seems to think so and still does after 15 years.

I've decided it changes, TODAY. Instead of thinking about all the bread of idleness that I don't get to eat today... I'll be thankful to have a house to clean, clothes to wash, and dishes to hide from my husband. You girls can have your shoes and clothes, give me dishes and books!

I must go, I have to practice my Proverbs.

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

Love this post! I am going to email you tonight!