Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snow Day


Living in the south, we hardly ever get a snow day. My son was out of school Monday and happens to be on crutches temporarily. Since he can't play and I wanted to stay home, I declared it a snow day. My kids got the cook hot dogs over a fire while sipping hot chocolate. I wanted to pretend the power was out, but I was dying to sew. My kids played games or watched videos all day and let me have a whole day to myself (sort of) which is a very rare event. I had an hour of quiet time, which is unheard of, finished a book, and made a quilt for a very special young lady (see pics). My daughter even helped and she's only 8! I know everyday can't be such a perfect day. If everyday were like this one, it would not be so greatly appreciated. Most days include so much business, that I seldom have time to really think about things. I have time to worry about them, but not truly reflect. I think a lot of us are not to busy to pray about things, but we don't have time to listen to God's answers... kind of counter-productive don't you think? I love the verse Be still and know that I am God. I plan to take more snow days and listen to the still small voice.

1 comment:

Becky Arnold said...

I wish I lived close enough to come over on a snow day! The quilt is beautiful! I hope to see a picture of the rag quilt soon! Hint, hint, hint........ Love ya!