Monday, March 31, 2008

Lake Lure trip


We had a great time at Lake Lure, it is absolutely one of the most beautiful lakes I've ever seen. Four days with no guys, chocolate, and lots of books.... it was heaven! Shelby and I swam and got in the sauna every day. We played miniature golf, worked on our crocheting, and watched tv (a rare treat for me!). We walked to the pool one morning (inside pool) and when we came out in our suits and flip-flops... it was snowing! All the trees and forsythia were in full bloom and it was snowing like crazy!
I forgot my camera, so I got a disposable and will have pics at a later date.
My Mom had her biopsy this morning. Everything went well. They got a nice size sample and we will know something in a day or two. She got very nauseated, so they gave her something to knock her our for the rest of the day. I haven't talked to her yet, but will see her tomorrow.
I know this is tacky, but hey... it's me! Here is a picture from my cousins funeral. He had a camouflage casket, and as you can tell the pallbearers wore camo too. However the flower adds a nice touch. His funeral wreaths said Gone Fishin' or Gone Huntin'. What you can't see are the deer antlers on the ends and his buddies favorites hats/fishing lures inside. I've decided if he can do this... I can do what I want. I'm writing my will to be cremated and scattered at my favorite local flea market. I've asked a friend to just put me in a holy pocket and give it a little shake as she walks around.
I'll keep you posted on Mama Lou. I appreciate all your prayers and thoughts. Love you guys! Vic

No comments: