Saturday, March 8, 2008

Update on the family

Sorry I haven't blogged in a while, life gets a little crazy sometimes. My grandmother passed away this past week. She had been in a home and had dementia. She was a very sweet person but had a personality change with this condition. Someone said dementia will make you the opposite of your normal personality. My hubby says there is hope for me afterall to someday be a sweet subservient wife. Thank goodness! by then I'll be so old I won't have to remember it! My mom may possibly have lymphoma, but the death of nannie has put that diagnosis on hold. Mama Lou (what everyone calls my mom) needs to concentrate on her own health and hopefully that will happen now. My poor hubby has been in extreme pain for a week with an abscessed tooth. We've all had the flu. Life has been so much fun for the past few weeks. It could be worse.... I could be pregnant and look like my driver's license!
I'm going away with my mom and daughter for a week to Lake Lure NC in a couple of weeks. I can't wait!!! Then it's off for a family camping trip for a few days. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks. I really hope my life will get back on schedule and maybe I can blog then. I miss you guys, hope to see you in June!

3 comments:

Summer said...

friend,
I am sorry about your nanny. I did not know. I knew she was sick but didnt know she had died. And, I will be praying for mama Lou. Please keep us posted about her. Love ya. I love lemonheads and hot tamales but not together.!!

Becky Arnold said...

Great post! I wish I was closer to you so that we could just sit and talk over some hot chocolate (for you) and coffee (for me). That is what you need......some girl time! You will feel better once you are out of town with the girls. I am praying for you all. Did they still have the funeral? It was so snowy! I know you said they were, but I couldn't believe it, but I hope so for your mom's sake. When is she coming home? I'll be in touch! Love ya!

Gina said...

I'm so sorry to read about your grandmother and your mom's possible diagnosis (keep us posted). I'll definitely be praying for comfort and peace for your family. Poor B - I hope he's better *soon*, too!