Wednesday, March 12, 2008

What makes your day?

I have been in kind of a funk lately, a little stressed. Now you girls can have your jewelry and roses... my husband really knows how to cheer a girl up. He brought home baby chicks last night. I was so happy!!! They are about 3 in. tall, named chocolate and butterfinger (the kids get to name all our pets). Even if you don't like chickens, you have to admit these are adorable. I have felt guilty because I don't feel grief over my grandmother dying, but more like relief. It's the first death I've experienced that has made me feel that way and it seems strange. Anyhow, I feel much better. I also finished a scarf while sitting in car line every day. Here's a pic with Shelby wearing it. You would know what an accomplishment this is for me if you had seen me trying to learn to crochet. I'm sure I've unraveled more than I've crocheted. Thanks Leah!
Mom and I had a girl day yesterday which meant eating at our favorite Chinese place (Grandpa won't go to a chinese place). Then we went shopping at our favorite stores, Hobby Lobby, Tuesday Morning, and of course the new Goodwill store. I marked my calendar yesterday. It was the first time in history that I didn't spend a dime while shopping at Hobby Lobby, I was so proud. However, I did find quite the bargains at Goodwill. Our Goodwill's are not at all like the ones in Arkansas, they are very nice, clean, and don't smell like urine (that's my memory of stores there, sorry). Some have upscale sections with only name brands and even have theft monitors in the clothing! My children think Goodwill and Kohl's are the only place you can shop for clothes. I haven't set foot in a mall clothing store in 7 years. Shelby loves the mall but all she wants to do is ride the escalator and eat at the food court. She cares nothing for shopping so it is a great outing for her and Grandpa.
Well, I'm rambling so that must mean I feel better huh?
Anyhow, I just wanted to show off my chickens. It's a good thing I don't live there anymore or I'd be giving you all baby chicks.... just try to tell your kids no to one of those!
See ya!

3 comments:

Gina said...

There's no picture of the chicks! Waaah! I want to see how cute they are!

Will my blog let you comment?

cjsmomx6 said...

I can beleive that you have chicks but you crochet? It is a beautiful scarf. I remember not feeling grief when me day passed but relief. He was sick for a long time. He also became a a believer two weeks before he died. God is gracious to us. I do miss him.
I get on your blog almost daily to catch up so please write more often. You still do crack me up.

Summer said...

Vic,
I am sorry about your grandmother. I knew the time was near but I did not know she had gone on. I do understand about the grief. The Lord has given you so much to be thankful for and great memories of her. It is perfectly okay not to be broken up over it. She is with the Lord!